When it comes to fashion, most of us think that it’s all about the clothes we wear. Clothes may make up the majority of our outfit but accessories play a significant role in how we’d look like. In fact, they’re so powerful that accessories such can actually make or break your entire look. Furthermore, accessories can definitely define your mood and/or your personality. For instance, I wore my huge dangling earrings in a party because I’m in a party mood. I even wore my big statement necklace in the office one time because I was a bit bored that day. I really felt like it’ll spice things up a bit. And you know what? It actually did!
My “Rules” on Accessorizing
Like the clothes we wear, the shapes, silhouettes, and colors of the accessories we choose can significantly alter our entire look. That’s why when it comes to accessories, I have these “rules” that I always go by:
- The first thing I consider when choosing an accessory is if it—color and shape— will blend well with my outfit.
- Secondly, if I’m going to be wearing a big statement necklace, my earrings and other jewelries shouldn’t be as loud. I also bring a small plain bag as not to look over-the-top.
- In fact, if you have a loud accessory, better wear or bring them one at a time.
- When it comes to jewelries, make sure that you don’t overdo them—-meaning, do not wear too many of them, unless you’d want to look like a gangsta rapper. Lol!
- My mantra will always be “less is more” when it comes to accessories. Ever heard of Coco Chanel? Well, she once said: “Before your leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory.” Yup, I though so too.
- Lastly, I love minimalist style as you can never go wrong with it. In fact, it can actually add a touch of sophistication to whatever you’re wearing.
Speaking of minimalist style, simple accessories that can really make your entire look classy—yes, even when you’re just going casual. If you’re looking to upgrade your wardrobe without having to spend so much, this is definitely the best option. Here, check out some of my fave picks:
You see, what I love about these classy jewelries is that you can wear them every day and you can match them with pretty much anything in your closet. You definitely can never go wrong with these babies. And the best part? These dainty pieces wouldn’t cost you an arm, and a leg. How cool is that? So if you want to add a touch of sophistication to your everyday wear, check out these accessories by clicking on the images. You’ll definitely love them! 🙂