Have you watched the 89th Academy Awards night? Man oh man, it’s like Miss Universe all over again! Lol! I’ve never seen such a blunder in the awards show’s recent history. Let me just say that Oscars 2017, all in all, was a blast; but what a better way to make things more interesting (and controversial) at the very end of the show by announcing the wrong movie for the Best Picture award! If you haven’t seen it, what happened was “La La Land” was announced as the winner; but halfway through their speech there was some commotion and it was announced that “Moonlight” actually won the award. Cut the long story short, the cast and crew of La La Land ended up handing their gold statuettes to the Moonlight folks—to the gasps of a shocked crowd.
Good thing the cast and crew of La La Land were all good sports about it! I would’ve either thrown a tantrum or ran off with the golden statuette! Lol!
Will Jimmy Kimmel Be Hosting Oscars Again in the Future?
Kidding aside, aside from the screw-up at the latter part of the show, Oscars 2017 offers a lot of entertaining (and yes, some “zzzz” moments) in the show. One notable moment was when host, Jimmy Kimmel, poked a little fun on “overrated” Meryl Streep, which we all know were directed to the POTUS. However, there were also some “no-no” moments with the host; particularly the part when he made fun of the winner of Best Supporting Actor, Mahershala Ali’s, name. Not cool, Jimmy—not cool.
Oscars 2017: Complete List of Winners
Anyway, it’s really been a crazy awards night but it’s still definitely a blast. If you weren’t able to watch it, here is the complete list of Oscars 2017’s winners:
- Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali for “Moonlight”
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling: “Suicide Squad”
- Best Costume Design: “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”
- Best Documentary: “OJ: Made in America”
- Best Sound Editing: “Arrival”
- Best Sound Mixing: “Hacksaw Ridge”
- Best Supporting Actress: Viola Davis for “Fences”
- Best Foreign Language Film: “The Salesman”
- Best Animated Short: “Piper”
- Best Animated Feature: “Zootopia”
- Best Production Design: “La La Land”
- Best Visual Effects: “The Jungle Book”
- Best Film Editing: “Hacksaw Ridge”
- Best Documentary Short: “The White Helmets”
- Best Live Action Short: “Sing”
- Best Cinematography: “La La Land”
- Best Score: “La La Land”
- Best Song: “City of Stars” from “La La Land”
- Best Original Screenplay: “Moonlight”
- Best Director: Damien Chazelle for “La La Land”
- Best Actor: Casey Affleck of “Manchester by the Sea”
- Best Actress: Emma Stone for “La La Land”
- Best Picture: La La Lan… oops, sorry…. it’s actually “Moonlight”
There you have it, the winners of the recently concluded Oscars 2017. Do you agree with all the results? Did your bets bagged the golden statuettes? I want to know what you think of the results. Feel free to react in the comments section below. Till the next Oscars. enjoy the movies! 🙂
As for most fashionistas like myself, one of the highlights in Oscars 2017 is the red carpet. Of course, people always will look forward to seeing what the stars would wear and the red carpet is the best place to showcase their stuff. As for us, we definitely want something to wear that’ll make us look our best (Oscar-worthy clothes, perhaps?) wherever we go. So if you’re looking for something stylish to wear without breaking the bank, here are five online shops you should definitely check out:
Interested? Just click on the images or the links and know more about their products.