As they say, our eyes are the “window to our soul” and I truly believe that. People can easily see through someone through their eyes. For instance, we raise our eyebrows when we’re happy or when we’re surprised. We can see if someone’s lying when they can’t look straight to you. We can even even see and feel a fake smile through their eyes. You see, our eyes say so much about ourselves. Heck, we can even guess someone’s age just by looking at the skin area around the eyes. When we see someone who has wrinkles around the eyes, or if we see some darkening around the eye area, we’d probably think that he/she is probably in his/her mid to late 30’s. Yes, we could easily guess someone’s age through the skin around his/her eyes—unless, of course, if he/she uses an eye cream regularly.
If you still don’t know by now, the skin around your eyes is very delicate. And when we age, it can easily deteriorate if we don’t take extra good care of it. That’s why, as early as our 20’s, we should already be using an eye cream. Some of you might think using an eye cream is redundant as you’re already moisturizing your whole face. But like I said, the skin around your eyes is very delicate; that’s why it’s prone to wrinkles, discolorations, puffiness, etc. If you don’t give it some extra TLC, you’d probably look older than you’re age when you reach your 30’s or yes, even your mid-20’s.
Benefits of Using an Eye Cream
So what are eye creams are good for? Here are the benefits of using them:
- Wrinkle Reduction. Yes, eye creams can prevent wrinkles around the eye area. We all know that our eyes and the skin around them move a lot. Just a simple act of smiling, for instance can cause some creases around the eyes, which in turn could turn into wrinkles over time. Good thing eye creams have collagen-building ingredients that can help smooth out those lines.
- Smoother Skin. Eye creams have moisturizers that helps keep those sensitive areas around the eyes (which is is highly more susceptible to dry up) more hydrated. But, as I’ve already mentioned, these areas are very sensitive so most eye cream’s formulation is more delicate as to keep the area well moisturized without causing any damage.
- Extra Protection. Unfortunately, there are types or brands of makeup that contain harsh ingredients to your skin, especially around your eyes. Putting an eye cream can actually add a layer of protection to keep the area safe from harsh chemicals. Furthermore, eye creams usually have good stuff like vitamins C and K, kojic acid, and licorice. These can help you against under-eye puffiness and discoloration (aka eye bags) which are usually caused by different factors including sleep deprivation, stress, diet, alcohol, smoking, and yes, even hereditary.
Step by Step Guide to Applying Eye Cream
Something to Think About When Applying Eye Cream
Now, using an eye cream regularly is definitely good, but applying them however and whenever is not. Here are some rules about applying this amazing product you should always keep in mind:
- Not Too Much. Again, the skin around your eyes is very delicate. So when using eye cream, do not put too much—about the size of a pea is actually enough to make it effective. And because you’re going to be applying the product so near your eyes, putting on too much might even irritate your eyes.
- Use The Ring Finger. It’s always best to use your ring finger in applying this product. That’s because the ring finger has the lightest of touch. This will make sure that you don’t put too much pressure whenever you’re applying eye cream.
- Do Not Pull or Tug At Your Skin. Just tap lightly (using your ring finger) to apply the product and softly massage, moving from inner to outer corner, to spread the product.
- Store It Properly. To make the cream more effective, make sure it’s stored in a cool, dark place. Also make sure that it’s always kept away from heat and/or direct sunlight. Experts actually recommend keeping eye creams in the fridge. They said that the extra shot of coolness will help soothe tired eyes even more and can actually help more with the puffy eyes.
- Let It Sit Before Applying Makeup. If you’re going to be using it before applying your makeup, make sure that it’s absorbed by your skin well first before applying your makeup. This will make sure that your powder and/or concealer won’t cake up in the creases around the eye.
The Only Eye Cream Brand I Trust
Eye creams can definitely help you if you’re having problems with wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles around your eye. Even if you’re just in your early 20’s, using an eye cream can be a preventive measure to delay the signs of aging. Lastly, if you’re going to be using an eye cream, make sure that it’s made from the finest ingredients. The brand I actually trust when it comes to eye cream came from Korea. As you all know, Koreans has one of the most beautiful skins in the world. And that’s because of their skin care products—liker these Korean-made eye creams I totally trust:
*Check out where I buy my eye creams by clicking on the links and images.