Lately, we’ve been hearing a lot about Hollywood A-lister Johnny Depp on the news. No, it’s not about his highly-acclaimed films, his cool fashion sense, or his band we’re hearing about, it’s about his scandalous marriage with actress Amber Heard. We’re now hearing about their divorce and the allegations of abuse and it’s shocking to a lot of people, especially as it involves Depp who’s known to be an all-around good guy.
With his mother passing away, his wife Amber Heard’s filing for divorce, and all the allegations of domestic violence, the past couple of months for Johnny Depp must have been really tough. Reading through what has transpired, it’s really hard to imagine Captain Jack Sparrow being abusive. He really seemed like a good, loving, caring kind of guy. Anyway, we don’t know them personally so it’s really hard to speculate anything at this point in time.
The Johnny Depp and Amber Heard Drama Timeline
What do we know about this scandal? Here’s what we know so far:
- Oct 2009 – Depp and Heard met on the set of The Rum Diary where they played each other’s love interest.
- Jan 17, 2014 – The publicized engagement.
- Feb 3, 2015 – They were married in the Depp’s private island in the Bahamas.
- Dec 2015 – Heard filed a temporary restraining order against her husband, claiming that she fears for her life.
- Apr 21, 2016 – Heard claims another abusive incident occurred. Allegedly, Depp showed up on her birthday party and grabbed her by the air and shoved her to the floor.
- May 20, 2016 – Depp’s mother passed away at 81
- May 21, 2016 – According to Heard, she and Depp got into another altercation, which leads to Depp throwing a cellphone at her face and inflicting a bruise near her eye. The LAPD responded to a third-party 911 call but found no evidence of violence nor was Depp present when the police arrived to the scene.
- May 22, 2016 – They separate.
- May 23, 2016 – Heard officially files for divorce, also demanding for spousal support.
- May 25, 2016 – Depp responded asking the court to terminate the spousal support. News of their personal crisis breaks in the media.
- May 27, 2016 – Heard requests for a restraining order against Depp.
- May 28, 2016 – Depp’s exes and daughter come to his defense, with her daughter saying that he’s the loving person, and his exes saying Heard’s allegations are outrageous.
The Truth of the Matter
As you can see, there are a lot more to their marriage than meets the eye. With all the allegations of abuse, the secrets, the lies, the intrigue, it has all the makings of a real-life soap opera. And of course, the media is having a field day and a lot of people are gobbling it all up. Some—celebrities and non-celebrities—even turned to social media to express their support or anger on either parties.
Though it’s natural to take sides on issues such as these, it’s really hard to speculate at this point. The truth of the matter is we don’t really know what really transpired in their relationship and what made it end that way. It’s just all a “he-says-she-says” affair at this early stage. Though I understand that domestic violence is a serious issue, we also have to consider that those who are involved are public figures and the media can sometimes blow the issue out of proportion just to get a ” big scoop”. That’s why I think that it’ll be wiser if we wait for some more info before voicing out our opinions on the matter.
What’s This Got to Do With Fashion?
Well, we’re talking about Johnny Depp and Amber Heard—two of the most stylish people on the planet—aren’t we? Just take a look at Johnny Depp; he has embodied the effortless outlaw cool. Aside from the wide array of cool hats and sunglasses, he is also he master of layering. And with his good looks, who can deny that he’s still a big name when it comes to fashion?
As for Amber, she is known for her cool, slightly bohemian, slightly high-street fashion sense. In a way, her sense of style mirrors a bit of her estranged husband’s—mixing and matching different hats, sunglasses, as well as other accessories. But the thing I’ve noticed about Amber’s style choices is her love affair with tea-length skirts and dresses. Those maxi-midi-in-betweeners have the perfect hemline as it hits slimmest part of the leg, truly sexy if you ask me. You can also use a tea-length skirt or dress with either heels or flats. Here are some of Amber Heard’s tea-length looks:
Thinking of getting into that signature Amber Heard style? Here are a few suggestions:
Wondering where to get these? Just click here or click on the links and the images.